From Decorating with Green, Real Simple, April 2009
COLOR IS STILL THE BEST WAY TO SET A MOOD AND ADD SOME CHARACTER TO A ROOM!
HOW TO ADD GREEN TO A ROOM:
1. Mix shades. Temper strong greens with wild ones. Lime green looks beautiful with forest or olive green.
2. Consider scales and motifs when adding patterns. Create a layered look by combining large-scale prints with small and florals with geometrics.
3. Vary textures. Heavy textures such as velvet or a pile rug help to tone down busy patterns.
4. Add a natural touch with plants, moss and greenish flowers.
5. Choose a green rug for a big burst of color!
6. Add a splash of green with accessories, such as table runners, dishes and artwork!
Como Park: Japanese Garden Path (left), Watercolor Mono Print enhanced with metallic acrylics and ink. Peacocks (middle), Dandelions (right), Experimental Ink and Acrylic painting.All three above by Susan Fryer Voigt.
Natural look: Moss green & soft blue; stick with colors of nature!
Soothing look: Sea foam green & chocolate brown; often used by spas!
Fresh look: Kelly green & bright white; the contrast makes it POP!
Playful look: Lime green & soft pink; ideal for a playroom, nursery or bathroom!